Saturday, September 13, 2014

“Q” AND WHAT I DIDN’T S“A”Y

I would contest that the second challenging part of creating an online persona is simply getting started; creating an image that is not only professional, but that seamlessly correlates to the particular brand you’re attempting market. However, the most challenging part of creating an online persona, by far, is doing it yourself without the skill and expertise of a trained and qualified managing agent and/or publicity firm to back your untested efforts as we, more often than not, are incapable of realizing that this persona is a key part of a business model.

In contemplating the aforementioned and given the many author interviews I've been asked to take part in, I often reflect on the many incidences where I've wanted to honestly answer an interviewers question. So, without further delay, here is part two of a series I call "Q" and what I didn't s"A"y:

Q: So Mr. Kuykendall, your career is in full swing. In 2013 you signed with the Donald Maass Literary Agency and by February 2014 you had a lucrative 4-book deal for the publication of four more books in the Conspirator’s Odyssey series. My audience and I are extremely curious of how you’ve managed to get to this unbelievable point, given how hard it is for writer’s to go beyond the strategically cloaked glass ceiling of the literary industry?

A: Well, dearie, I made a deal with Rumpelstiltskin, you see, and in a snap he made my day. Now I write, write, write away. Unfortunately for him the deal can’t be because my doctor performed a snip, snip on me before the deal came to be. He simply can’t have my next baby.

  
Pragmatic author A.K. Kuykendall has a passion for writing conspiracy, espionage, horror, and suspense literature that blend the concepts of fact and fiction. For more information on his projects, visit http://www.thewriterofbooks.com/list-of-works/ or, to email the author directly for Q&A on this post, write to info@thewriterofbooks.com.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment